Experience and Personality Overview
Robust experience implementing both discrete and enterprise projects and programs, including oversight of schedules, control processes, reporting, staffing, training and coaching. Nearing two decades’ experience working cross-functionally on the business-side of project and program management in organizational development, process design, compliance assessment, and product/program development for government, profit and non-profit entities.
Consistently characterized as an investigative and supportive leader motivated by completion and overarching results. Always focused on practical, people-centered and cost-effective solutions. High rankings for cultural discernment, and goal-adaptive behavior; a flexible, analytical, and judicious hub—strategic thinker that executes through relationship building. Calculated, consistent and iterative.
Education, Certifications, and Continuing Ed
- Code Immersion Bootcamp—Tech Talent South, Spring Cohort, 2015
- PMI Agile Practitioner Training—Leading Agile, Alpharetta, GA, 2012
- ScrumMaster Certification—Scrum Alliance, Indianapolis, IN, 2012
- StrengthsFinder 2.0, and Advanced Negotiation Skills and Conflict Modes—UHG, Chicago, IL, 2010
- Negotiations for Program Managers Certification—George Washington University/ESI, Washington, DC, 2009
- Situational Leadership II, and DiSC Profiling/Enhanced Business Performance—UHG, San Francisco, CA, 2008
- Outcome Thinking and Management—Foundation Center, Atlanta, GA, 2007
- Master’s level studies in Education—Piedmont College, Demorest, GA, 2000-2001
- Bachelor of Arts—Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN, 1996
Professional Experience Summary
- Management Consultant, J. Ernest Walker, Inc., Decatur, GA, 2012-present (Small business & start-up consulting: Wedge Oak Farm—nationally recognized for natural pasture-raised artisanal meats)
- Interim Executive Director, DuBose Conference Center, Monteagle, TN 2013-2014 (Business review, organizational development, and daily operations)
- Management Consultant, Grant Thornton, Atlanta, GA, 2012-2013 (Program and project management consulting for Health Information Exchange [HIE] implementations)
- Director of Program Management, UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, MN, 2011-2012 (Program Management oversight for Case and Disease Management Programs for AARP, Inc. Medicare Supplement)
- Project Director, UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, MN, 2007-2010 (Development and change management oversight for Case and Disease Management Programs for SecureHorizons Medicare Advantage Insurance, AARP, Inc. Medicare Supplement Insurance, and TRICARE)
- Research Associate, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, 2005-2007 (Proposal Development, Operational and Compliance Technical Assistance /Consulting, and Communications)
- Management Consultant, J. Ernest Walker, Inc., Decatur, GA, 2001-2005 (Business Control, Compliance & Audit prep, and Service Improvement: Citigroup, Internap Network Services, and Mercer)
- Admissions Counselor, Piedmont College, Athens, GA, 2000-2001 (concurrent with graduate level studies in education)
- Executive Assistant to the Commissioner, Georgia Department of Community Health, Atlanta, GA, 1999-2000(Oversight of all functions related to the Commissioner’s Office—internal and external)
- Project Coordinator, Georgia 1st, Decatur, GA, 1997-1999 (Coordinated projects and operations for a statewide, provider-driven, non-profit, Preferred Provider Organization/PPO)
- Organization and Leadership: led successful program office teams of up to 50+ cross-functional/enterprise stakeholders.
- Development and Change Management (large and small scale): led analyses projects for strategic development, compliance, audit preparation and management.
- Delivery and Execution: led end-to-end oversight of development lifecycle from ideation to operational launch and subsequent implementation ‘close-out’.
- Communications: external and internal, front-line to C suite, daily and reporting.