Project and Program Management Professional
Experience and Personality Overview
18 years’ experience working cross-functionally on the business-side of project and program management in organizational development, process design, compliance assessment, and product/program development for government, profit and non-profit entities. Robust experience implementing both discrete and enterprise projects and programs, including oversight of schedules, control processes, reporting, staffing, training and coaching.
Personality assessments consistently characterize as follows: an investigative and supportive leader motivated by completion and overarching results; always focused on practical, people-centered and cost-effective solutions; works at a calculated, consistent and iterative pace. High rankings for cultural discernment, and goal-adaptive behavior; a flexible, analytical, and judicious hub—strategic thinker that executes through relationship building.
Education, Certifications, and Continuing Ed
- Leveraging Scaled Agile™ in Mixed Waterfall & Agile—Blue Mercury Consulting, Chadds Ford, PA, 2012
- PMI Agile Practitioner Training—Leading Agile, Alpharetta, GA, 2012
- ScrumMaster Certification—Scrum Alliance, Indianapolis, IN, 2012
- StrengthsFinder 2.0, and Advance Negotiation Skills and Conflict Modes—UHG, Chicago, IL, 2010
- Negotiations for Program Managers Certification—George Washington University/ESI, Washington, DC, 2009
- Situational Leadership II, and DiSC Profiling/Enhanced Business Performance—UHG, San Francisco, CA, 2008
- Outcome Thinking and Management—Foundation Center, Atlanta, GA, 2007
- Master’s level studies in Education—Piedmont College, Demorest, GA, 2000-2001
- Bachelor of Arts—Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN, 1996
Professional Experience Summary
- Management Consultant, J. Ernest Walker, Inc., Decatur, GA, 2012-present (Small business & Start-up consulting: Wedge Oak Farm—nationally recognized for natural pasture-raised artisanal meats)
- Interim Executive Director, DuBose Conference Center, Monteagle, TN 2013-2014 (Business review, organizational development, and daily operations)
- Management Consultant, Grant Thornton, Atlanta, GA, 2012-2013 (Program and project management consulting for Health Information Exchange [HIE] implementations)
- Director of Program Management, UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, MN, 2011-2012 (Program Management oversight for Case and Disease Management Programs for AARP, Inc. Medicare Supplement)
- Project Director, UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, MN, 2007-2010 (Development and change management oversight for Case and Disease Management Programs for SecureHorizons Medicare Advantage Insurance, AARP, Inc. Medicare Supplement Insurance, and TRICARE)
- Research Associate, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, 2005-2007 (Proposal Development, Operational and Compliance Technical Assistance /Consulting, and Communications)
- Management Consultant, J. Ernest Walker, Inc., Decatur, GA, 2001-2005 (Business Control, Compliance & Audit prep, and Service Improvement: Citigroup, Internap Network Services, and Mercer)
- Admissions Counselor, Piedmont College, Athens, GA, 2000-2001 (concurrent with graduate level studies in education)
- Executive Assistant to the Commissioner, Georgia Department of Community Health, Atlanta, GA, 1999-2000(Gatekeeper with oversight of all functions related to the Commissioner’s Office—internal and external)
- Project Coordinator, Georgia 1st, Decatur, GA, 1997-1999 (Coordinated projects and operations for a statewide, provider-driven, non-profit, Preferred Provider Organization/PPO)
- Organization and Leadership: led successful program office teams of up to 50+ cross-functional/enterprise stakeholders.
- Development and Change Management (large and small scale): led analyses projects for strategic development, compliance, and management.
- Delivery and Execution: led end-to-end oversight of development lifecycle from ideation to operational launch and subsequent implementation ‘close-out’.
- Communications: external and internal, front-line to C suite, daily and reporting.
MS Office, MS Visio, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs, Trello, Web conference software (WebEx, join.me).